Vegan Dill Pickle Feta Spread

Image
Vegan Dill Pickle Feta Spread I tried a few recipes for vegan feta but none of them quite achieved the sharp, slightly acidic saltiness that I was looking for. I imagine I could have come close if I had used more salt (probably a lot more salt) and likely a juiced entire lemon. I think I may go for more lemon juice, but I definitely won't be 'upping' the salt level.  So. In an impulsive moment, prodded by the hungry adults in the other room, I jacked up the acidic code with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and another jolt of dried dill. When I next taste-tested it, I was reminded of dill pickles-- without actually having used such an ingredient. Dill pickles have become a luxury in this household (they are, i ndeed, also   a luxury item in the grocery store these days-- especially our preference, the dill pickles made by a more natural fermentation process.) Quite delicious, if I do say so myself. I hope you agree! INGREDIENTS: 1 cup well-cooked or canned, drained, and

Tofu Cheesecake Recipe (gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free, vegan)





Make crumbly crust pastry:
MIX TOGETHER:
*1 c. Brown Rice Flour
*4 T. Brown Sugar
*1/3 C. Coconut Oil or Grapeseed Oil
*1/2 C. Fine Chopped Pecans or Hazelnuts
SPRINKLE in a little water if needed
PRESS mixture into pie plate

FILLING:
*Dissolve 3 T. Agar Agar (powder not flakes) into warm water in small saucepan and bring to a SIMMER whisking in pan for about 3-4 minutes.

WHIZ TOGETHER:
*1 Medium Firm Tofu Cake (12 oz.)
*1/2 C. Sugar
*1/4 tsp. Salt
*1/4 C. Lemon Juice
*1 T. Simply Organic Lemon Flavoring
*2 T. Lemon Zest
*Add the above to a Pie Shell

TOP WITH:
*2 c, Fresh Berries

SLOWLY ADD Agar Agar by pouring over berries in pie shell. Mix gently but well.
CHILL until set, about 6 hours

(Recipe by Wyona Hertwig; image of her tofu cheesecake by Cynthia Zirkwitz)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pumpkin "Cheesecake" - Healthy Choices Recipe by Dr. D. Blaney (Vegan)

Shirley's Sweet and Sour Sauce

Quick Mexican Tortilla Casserole with Cheeze Sauce (Healthy Choices Wellness Workshop)

Lentil Roast, a Healthy Choices Vegan Recipe by Dr. Darlene Blaney, PhD Nutritionist

Quinoa Salad from Healthy Choices with Dr. Darlene Blaney (and a Bonus Quinoa Thai Salad Recipe)

Pecan Nut "Meatballs" Recipe (dairy-free, egg-free)

Pecan Nut Roast (Vegan, No Added Oils, Gluten-Free)

Apple Duff Dessert (Suggestions for Gluten-Free and Vegan Subs)

Russian Potato-Green Bean-Sauerkraut Soup (Vegan, Gluten-Free)

Recipe for Nuteena-like Sandwich Spread (Vegan) (Gluten-free)