|Oil-Free Potato Soup Recipe|
- 4 large Potatoes
- 2 large Onions
- 2 C. Water
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 T. Whole Grain or Non-Gluten Flour
- 2 C. Non-Dairy Milk
- Dice potatoes and onions into small pieces
- Mix all ingredients (except Milk) in a blender and add the potatoes and onions
- Cook, stirring occasionally
- When the veggies are fork-tender, add the milk.
- Warm to just about boiling (but do not boil)
- Cooked barley and/or mint give it a delightful flavour and texture.
(My Grandmother added black pepper).
This recipe is contained in the cookery book (more than recipes) called 'EAT FOR STRENGTH, OIL-FREE EDITION' from the Uchee Pines Natural Healing Centre, by the famous Dr. Agatha Thrash, who passed away in 2015 at the age of 82.